Client & Peer Testimonials
You are here:Home
» Client & Peer Testimonials
- “WSGR boasts one of California’s most respected practitioners, Chris Compton . . . .” Who’s Who Legal: California, 2007, Law Business Research, affiliate of International Bar Association
- “Praised by clients as a great lawyer,” Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2007.
- “I feel like I’m in the presence of Babe Ruth when he called his shot. You guys did an awesome job here. You are clearly the masters at this whole Hart-Scott-Rodino area.” WSGR corporate partner, re work on PeopleSoft acquisition of client JD Edwards, 2003.
- “Your last letter to the FTC was masterful, and I’m convinced that it played a large role in the decision.” Comment by Gibson Dunn & Crutcher antitrust co-counsel re JD Edwards acquisition, 2003.
- “One of the best presentations I have seen in years.” Comment by DOJ trial attorney reviewing ADP acquisition of client ProBusiness, 2003.
- “In areas like antitrust, WSGR is a hidden gem. No one has a comparable record in advocacy in high tech matters before the enforcement agencies.” White & Case antitrust partner re department led by Chris Compton, 2003.
- “It’s impossible not to think of you when it comes to eCommerce! . . . you are THE source when it comes to antitrust/eCommerce/high tech . . . .” Chair of the ABA Antitrust section’s Computer & Internet Committee, 2003.
- Other client comments compiled by Best Lawyers in America, 2007:
- “[O]rchestrates an HSR second review with the precision of a successful military campaign. . . His legal talent is formidable. . . .gains the trust and confidence of governmental regulators easily.” (SonicWall, Inc.)
- “[H]ighly knowledgeable about antitrust law, works hard to be available to solve issues as they arise, and proposes solutions to problems that have real-world applicability.” (Intellectual Ventures)
- “[E]xtremely knowledgeable, professional and insightful resource. His practical approach to assessing opportunities and challenges—and then working with my team on devising a game plan—was both refreshing and impactful.” (Brocade)
- “Chris is a brilliant antitrust expert who has guided our company on several occasions, including a critical M&A for us. He has the experience, insights, and efficiency of execution that puts him markedly above many of his peers.” (Anon.)
- “Chris has provided extremely valuable advice regarding anti-trust compliance as our company has grown . . . . He is very responsive and extends himself to us however needed . . . .” (Network Appliance)
- “He is highly dedicated, informed, timely, and responsive. He educates himself on your business and applies deep experience and legal knowledge to your issues.” (Anon.)
- “[P]ersonable nature is a huge plus that parallels his quick understanding and responsiveness to any and all issues. . . .” (Sensei Partners LLC).